Wednesday 6 June 2018

A Life in Short Pieces


I am currently in the final stages of completing my novel About Alice. This is the first of three short novels with the overall title Lifespan which will cover the years between 1941 to the year 2000. These novels are fictional but -  not coincidentally - cover the approximate to my own lifespan.

This is not a new idea for me. A few years ago I published a short book of very short pieces – let’s not call them poems - about elements in my own life. I published this small book and it is still I think on Amazon. I have revisited these pieces and, I hope made them sharper and more precise.
I thought I might post them in an occasional series, one by one, on Life Twice Tasted for your simple enjoyment.  

From:

A Life in Short Pieces

 

 Piece One 


Beginnings

To begin anything
I must bring about
the end of earlier things.

Conception is the end
of one of their
in the beginning of another.

Birth is an end
of a secret affair
and the beginning

of love out there
in the open,
lasting a lifetime

And so on, scrawling back to Eve -
and even she engendered
the end of Adam’s spare rib.

2013 and 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...